Saturday 29 June 2013

RE: 518 SAF Personnel promoted: Including 2 Generals and Rear Admiral - Quick thoughts about it

It's always this time again every year whereby a group of seniors earn promotions within the Military. Let me give my quick 2 cent views about that.

While it's a time of praise and glory for our fellow seniors which is you know, all good in all honesty, don't get me wrong. Some may deserve it, well, some may not. I can't judge for that matter. In any case, good for you if you do get promoted.

Then again however, there's always a small bunch of people the SAF always forgets. You always forget the kids, kids who also should share in some of the joy and be recognized for their contributions on Promo Day.

I'm not exactly sure whether I said it before, so I'll say it now: I do stand by those youngsters who contribute more than a fair share of their keep even within the stint of 2 years. Be it the normal greenie from the infantry or even the clerks since all of them are your foundations of the military; not just "Oh, newbie, fresh meat for the grinder."

And hey, even among these new ones, you might even some that would eventually stand out to have probably performed way better than the current batch that just got promoted.

I dunno.... your thoughts maybe? Hmm? Well, Yup.

Cheerio. My quick thoughts since the topic gets pretty wide and / or dry and I don't know that much about it although I did serve my 2 years of NS, doing more than my fair share.

Mr Paul, Signing off.

No comments: